I started my business young, and I worked hard to make it a success, and when it became successful, three years had passed. They felt more like months than years. I could only conclude that what we experience and do will be finite--one could, with enough paper, enumerate every thing we do in life. I ask myself if I'd be proud of that list--so far, yes, though it seems when three years slip by like months, I should do an extra hour of work or study or planning each weekday.
Of the things I want to do in life, one must be done sooner rather than later--I want to join the national guard. And so I started studying again to complete my degree. I struggled my first few years--school simply couldn't hold my interest, and several tiny things seemed so difficult. At my current age, though not much older than USF students, I wonder what I was thinking--it seems much easier now, and my own interest isn't as dominating. I believe some students should wait a few years after high school before attempting college, I was definitely such a case.
Going forward, I'll check off the remaining items on my list--a list I wrote in my head so long ago I cannot quite remember when. But, starting a business, and finding ways to make lives easier and more convenient has been very rewarding and I hope my other endeavors will be also.
I agree with you about some students waiting a year or two (or more) before starting college. Thanks for your feedback here. I enjoyed reading your thoughts and impressions.
ReplyDelete